The anticipated audience and the instructional materials are intended for K-12.
All school site and district administrators who have student discipline responsibilities.
Comprehensive Review and Practical Guidance on Student Discipline
January 29, 2018
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Using our newly updated Pupil Discipline Guide, this workshop will provide a comprehensive review of student discipline under the California Education Code including:
- Procedural timelines and notice requirements,
- Student conduct investigations,
- Documentation of student conduct and “other means of correction”,
- Properly classifying student misconduct,
- Preparation of student discipline notices,
- Stipulated discipline agreements,
- Conducting fully compliant expulsion hearings –use of declarations and other evidentiary issues, and
- Readmission after expulsion
Humboldt County Office of Education
901 Myrtle Ave, Eureka, CA 95501
Nancy L. Klein, Senior Associate General Counsel and Monica D. Batanero, Associate General Counsel
There is a $60 fee for this workshop.
This course meets the qualifications for continuing education credit for LEPs, LPCCs, LMFTs, LCSWs, and NCSP. This course also qualifies for hours of continuing professional development for Nationally Certified School Psychologists, under provider number 1025. The California Association of School Psychologists maintains responsibility for the program and its content. There is an additional $15 per person per workshop fee. If you wish to receive continuing education credit please indicate “CEU” after your name in the online registration. Please contact our office if you have any questions.